What is the Functional Fitness Certificate of Excellence?
Functional Fitness’s Certificate of Excellence award is a coveted badge of honor for gyms and events. It can help set your gym or event apart from your competitors and give you more visibility on Functional Fitness’s directory and review site. Functional Fitness awards the Certificate of Excellence in honor of gyms and events that consistently deliver great service around the world.
After earning the Certificate of Excellent there is also an actual physical certificate and window sticker that you can order and display in your property (given, of course, that you are a qualified recipient of the award). Plus, you will get free digital marketing tools to display your awarded badge on your website and social media. The Certificate of Excellence badge is also displayed on Functional Fitness Gym & Event listings and web pages. Keep reading for more on how to earn your certificate.
How to Get the Functional Fitness Certificate of Excellence
Only a small percentage of the gyms and events listed on Functional Fitness receive the Certificate of Excellence. There’s no application process for the Certificate of Excellence. The achievement is earned over time by businesses that are able to collect great reviews and high ratings on Functional Fitness. Both gyms and events worldwide are eligible to get the Functional Fitness Certificate of Excellence.
The Certificate of Excellence is only valid for one year, so gyms and events will need to continue their high standard of service in order to get the award again for the following year. If you qualified last year, but not this year, the badge will be removed from your Functional Fitness listing page.
About the criteria
Functional Fitness will look at your gym or event listing’s performance over time to determine if it deserves the award. To get the Functional Fitness Certificate of Excellence, you must:
- Maintain an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars
- Have a minimum number of reviews
- Have been listed on Functional Fitness for at least 3 months
Functional Fitness Certificate of Excellence recipients are announced quarterly in early January, April, July and October. This means that your business must be listed on Functional Fitness for at least a quarter year to be considered for the award.
It’s best to avoid faking reviews and giving your business 5-star ratings on Functional Fitness, since the platform uses an algorithm to look at any “content integrity issues and/or fraudulent activity” connected to the listing.
Tips for Getting the Functional Fitness Certificate of Excellence
If you meet the above criteria for qualifying for the Certificate of Excellence, you can take extra steps to earn the certificate.
- Encourage customers to review you on Functional Fitness. Your happiest, most satisfied clients can be powerful word-of-mouth catalysts. Position yourself to qualify for the Certificate of Excellence by developing a strategy around getting more Functional Fitness reviews from customers, who may already be poised to give you five stars and just need a little nudge.
- Respond to reviews. Businesses that get back to reviewers ASAP are found to have higher average ratings than those that do not respond.
- Don’t fake your reviews. Remember: Functional Fitness checks for fraudulent behavior, which, if found, will disqualify a business from being recognized.
- Report any inappropriate reviews. If customers leave inaccurate, fraudulent, or inappropriate reviews, report them for removal to keep your profile full of accurate reviews.
- Conduct regular review audits. Perform a review analysis regularly to explore the weaknesses of your business according to your customers – and look for trends in customer service you can improve upon.
How will I know if I received the Certificate of Excellence?
To find out if your business received the Functional Fitness Certificate of Excellence, simply check your Functional Fitness Gym or Event Listing Page. Qualified businesses will have a Certificate of Excellence badge displayed on their page, and will be added to the Functional Fitness’s Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame.
Owners of claimed listings will also receive the actual physical certificate, a window sticker and digital marketing tools to display the awarded badge on their website and social media.
Claim your listing if your gym or event is already on Functional Fitness, or register your gym or event, to receive the physical certificate, window sticker and digital marketing tools when you are awarded the Functional Fitness Certificate of Excellence. See how an awarded listing looks →
If you have claimed your listing on Functional Fitness, you will receive an email notification in early January, April, July or October (when winners are announced) with details about your achievement and how to order the actual physical certificate of excellence plus window sticker.